Your backyard is like your own personal oasis and as the summer comes around, you’ll want to find refuge there. There is a likely chance that friends and family will want to find respite there too. This is the reason why you want to make your outdoor space not only beautiful, but also comfortable. Not only do you want to think about where people can sit and relax, but you also want to think about lighting, warmth, and how to avoid those pesky bugs. In the summertime, bugs can be a big nuisance. Here are five ways to create a stylish outdoor space in your backyard.
- Choose the right lighting. Mood and atmospheric lighting is critical in your backyard. There is a good chance that on those warm evenings, you’ll want to eat outdoors or spend time with friends. When it comes to lighting, you don’t want it to be too bright, because you want to be able to see the stars and the faces you are conversing with, but not in such a harsh light. One of the best ways to light your outdoor space is to use outdoor globe lamps that you can string along wires overhead or through a tree.
- Make sure to reduce the pest problem. There are many ways to reduce the pests in your backyard. In the summertime, not only do you have to worry about gophers in your grass, but you also have to worry about mosquitos that can bite and buzz around your ears. While you don’t want to use poisons – your pets can ingest these poisons can become severely ill – you can use supersonic sensors to remove gophers. As for mosquitoes, there are some amazing candles and Tiki-style torches that emit smells that mosquitoes don’t like. Not only will these torches get rid of mosquitoes – they will also be another source of beautiful light.
- Choose furniture that can withstand the test of time and weather. When it comes to furniture, you want to choose a material that is extremely durable, but that is also comfortable. The secret is, though, that you can make anything comfortable with a few pillows. When it comes to the base materials, wicker and cast iron are often the most durable. In fact, if you visit Seasons Four, you will find a huge selection of beautiful outdoor furniture.
- Build a water feature. Having a pond or fountain in your backyard can give your outdoor space a beautiful touch that will amp up the aesthetic value and it will make the space more enjoyable to spend time in. Not only can a fountain be meditative and relaxing, but it can also give your backyard a certain mood that your guests will love.
- Plant brightly colored flowers. The summer is a time for gardening, so you may want to think about some flower varieties that you may want to include in your garden. Adding little pops of color with flowers is a great way to really make your outdoor space come to life.